Best Incubators - Review your favorite!

Love my Brinsea Mini Advance. It's truly a "set it, and forget it" kind of incubator. I have had an excellent hatch rate in it and don't even monitor the humidity -- never needed to. Just wish it held more eggs. Maybe one day I'll move up to the Octagon 20 or 30.

Quote:
The key is in that Ranco, you could use an old microwave to incubate and if you hooked it up to a Ranco you'd get 100% hatch rates. I see the thermostat as the heart of the incubator like an engine in a car and I would NEVER skimp there. I had two of the Ranco units (they were from other projects) so I was lucky to not have to go looking for temp control. I use one in place of the wafer on my hova-bator and the other for my home made hatcher. This system is really, really nice!

The only thing I would add to a homemade unit would be the ability to have a glove attached to I could reach in and do things without having to open it, if I ever build one from scratch I will include that feature :)

I would advise a Hovabator Genesis with an auto turner. I have two of those and an RCOM 20. The RCOM 20 malfuctioned after I had had it 12 months (yes, right after the warrenty went out)- it still heats correctly, but the humidity regulator doesn't work. WAY over priced AND it only hatched 20 eggs at a time.

However, I LOVE the Hovabator Genisis. I have a really good hatch rate with them! Good luck!!

Any one ever had this type from Ebay?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-...t_Supplies&hash=item3a7804c400#ht_4320wt_1139

EI-JN2-60-00.jpg

Are they any good?
Any Pro's or Con's?

I just started using one of these.
temp control is rubbish.
I get 37.6 degrees celsius when dial is turned down to 35 degrees celsius.
Incubation temp is 37.5 celsius, so it will over heat and I can't turn it down - had to drill more holes in the top too.

I just bought the ADV 20 with turner, plugged it in, it got to temp and just held steady all day self adjust the temp. So far I love it! I also bought the ova-scope and this thing is amazing, looked at a brown egg (non-fertile) you can see all the way thru it, and you can rotate the egg,,,,,,,,,,I will set eggs Wednesday and i am very excited after using an old LG that I had to constantly adjust the temp on. Had it kill 24 shipped eggs, before I figured out the problem. I thought my grandson was messing with it (he's 2) Then I figured out we had an electricity problem, when the A/C was on during the day the bator wasn't getting full power, when we went to bed and turned the air off the bator shot up to 108,,,,,,,,,,,,,think I will love this Brinsea!!!

Back
Top Bottom