Best Nest Box Training Help

Welcome to BYC. Where, in general, are you located? Climate matters so it's always helpful to know.

My first thought is to ask, how hot is it in that nest? If I were a hen I wouldn't want to go into an airless, metal box on a warm day. :)
Houston, TX. I never thought about that... it probably hasn’t gotten too hot in there yet, but will be hot as we head into the summer.

I meant of your nesting boxes and the ladder you added
Oh! Okay no problem! The ladder actually was already here when we moved the chickens in...

Attachments

• 7D17EFAD-89AB-4D1E-928B-D81ECAA58480.jpeg
    7D17EFAD-89AB-4D1E-928B-D81ECAA58480.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 11
  • C4BD044E-006A-4C8B-8999-177DD8ABB5E9.jpeg
    C4BD044E-006A-4C8B-8999-177DD8ABB5E9.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 10
Oh! Okay no problem! The ladder actually was already here when we moved the chickens in...
Once I actually was cleaning the coop and moved the ladder against a wall, they were confused for days, climbing the ladder and hoping to see a nest, but instead was faced with a wall...:lol::he:lau

but yeah, I find that they all use the 2 nesting boxes with a ladder, the other nesting box does not have a ladder (it broke) and they don’t use that much (except one of our golden comets or it we have a broody hen)

EDIT; we also had a hen laying eggs on the ground, until she saw other chickens use the ladder, we also had a hen lay eggs on top of the nest boxes for a few days, but she soon learned the concept as well...

Back
Top Bottom