Best outdoor storage containers

We have an issue with the metal bins causing mold at the bottom of our bin for horse feed. Don't have that issue with plastic bins. For my chicken feed I use a plastic garbage can stored in our outside closet.

We have an issue with the metal bins causing mold at the bottom of our bin for horse feed. Don't have that issue with plastic bins. For my chicken feed I use a plastic garbage can stored in our outside closet.
I’ve been having the same issue with pellet chicken feed. it turns into a sour icky brick of wasted money

I’ve been having the same issue with pellet chicken feed. it turns into a sour icky brick of wasted money
Haven't quite gotten to the bottom of it. Just quit using them. I'm sure it has something to do with condensation. Horse feed for my old, special needs mare is expensive. Hated seeing it go to waste.

Do your metal cans leak at the handle.

There's gaps at the handle, so some folks seal those up. Most of my cans are in the garage so that's not an issue, but the one that's outside sits under a roofed overhang, so that provides enough overhead protection that it's fine leaving the can out even with rain, with the handle gaps unsealed.

There's gaps at the handle, so some folks seal those up. Most of my cans are in the garage so that's not an issue, but the one that's outside sits under a roofed overhang, so that provides enough overhead protection that it's fine leaving the can out even with rain, with the handle gaps unsealed.
what’s funny is, I sent my son out there last week because we were going to get a good storm. I told him to seal the gaps at the handle. I should have been more specific and told him to use sealant because the next day i went out there and my kids had a ton of duct tape over the handles lol.

Back
Top Bottom