Best poultry assortment

Many hatcheries offer the type of assortment you are looking for. You could also look at the option of picking and choosing for a mixed shipment that includes the species you are wanting. Beware that some of the species have very different brooding requirements, and you may find yourself setting up multiple brooders to meet the needs.

Personally, if I were looking at increasing my flocks to include ducks, geese, turkeys, or guineas, I'd want to pick my varieties. Branching out into these other species is not something to undertake on a whim. Requires much attention to housing and feeding. Not something I can be set up for.

Many hatcheries offer the type of assortment you are looking for. You could also look at the option of picking and choosing for a mixed shipment that includes the species you are wanting. Beware that some of the species have very different brooding requirements, and you may find yourself setting up multiple brooders to meet the needs.

Personally, if I were looking at increasing my flocks to include ducks, geese, turkeys, or guineas, I'd want to pick my varieties. Branching out into these other species is not something to undertake on a whim. Requires much attention to housing and feeding. Not something I can be set up for.
Can't really decide which breed of turkeys or geese I want. I'm pretty okay with whatever gets sent, I just want to be sure of getting more than just chicks. Space is not an issue. I like the idea of not knowing exactly what I'm getting and figuring it out as they develop.

I want a bunch of different types of poultry this spring. Which hatcheries offer assortments that include a variety of poultry types? So far, I've only found such a thing from Sandhill Preservation and Cackle..
Privett Hatchery has a really good Assorted selection!

:gigI'm reading this slightly older thread and chuckling along with it. @junebuggena I knew what you meant lol! I'm only commenting to say if you order this would you satisfy my curiosity and post what you receive. I'd love to be able to do this one day. and I think I would prefer to be surprised as well.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom