Best Rooster ever!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by realsis, Feb 2, 2017.

1. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    [​IMG]

I live in what used to be country.I have great neighbors next to me an none behind me. Our lot is a little over 10,000 sqft.I've always only had hens and had rehome several roosters before him. Last year I ordered all hens again and he was our oops . I got him a no crow collar when he was starting to crow and hes worn it since. It helps so much! He only crows in the morning and if a stranger is in our yard.he's like a protective dog. Hes so gentle. Although over 10 pounds I can still handle hI'm and hes never once bitten me. Hes faced off hawks for his girls, ( luckily I chased the hawk away) but he was ready to fight. Hes the best " mistake" i could have gotten ! A blessing really. When time comes I will hatch his babies and have the nextreme generation. He is lovingly named Daddy. I wanted to share with you. He manages my flock loveingly But can rough if need be. Do not think all roosters are the same because they are not. He has a wonderful disposition! I'm not sure if it's his breed or what.. He is a Silver Penciled Rock. Hes the best Rooster ever!!

2. chippy99th

chippy99th Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2016
    Arizona
    He's gorgeous! Congratulations on getting such a sweet boy!

We had to rehome several meanies before our roo McClellan found us. Him and all his sons have been sweet as pie! Roosters can be so mean, but once you hit the jackpot with a sweetheart you're hooked.

Silver Penciled Rock, huh? He's very handsome. I might have to get me some of those...

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    He really is beautiful. Last year I ordered all from Meyers hatchery in Ohio. I was worried at first because I'm in California but I'm telling you, Meyers was wonderful! All my chicks arrived NEXT DAY.ALL HEALTHY!! Thank God. I still have ALL of them! It's a new breed (fairly) so last year had a limint of only one. I have 7 BarredRock females 1 silver laced Wyandotte and my free girl. Yes, they let me picknow the sex of my free suprise bird! She's a wonderful layer and as promised I share her eggs! You really should get the silver penciled rock males. They are the cutest little chicks. So big with large legs! They grow so handsome! They are so great! Let me know if you get one! Thanks for replying ! Have a great day!

4. Lil Peeps

Lil Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Your rooster is so beautiful! It is so hard to find a good, sweet boy, so glad that you have succeeded! Thanks so much for sharing him!

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Beautiful rooster and a nice disposition too...win/win!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by