Best time of year?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MattalynsBarn, Jun 14, 2010.

1. MattalynsBarn

MattalynsBarn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    What is the best time of year to get baby chicks?

2. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    Im not really sure on this, but if you order, then maybe April-May since later in summer more breeds will be sold out. But anytime in summer if not picky on breeds will be ok.

3. MattalynsBarn

Jun 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    Thanks!

4. emsdial911

emsdial911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Order in Jan, Feb, or early March. I ordered 24 chicks and 5 different breeds in late April and I will not receive them till July 19th. Some of the chicks I ordered would not be ready until then. I was offered the option to ship early with substitutions but I opted not to I really wanted the breeds I ordered. So the earlier you order the better chance of you getting the chicks you want and shipped quickly.
    Good luck and have fun.
    [​IMG]

5. MattalynsBarn

Jun 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    I actually just ordered them the day before yesterday with mypetchicken.com . We called the place to make sure they had the chicks we wanted and placed the order on the phone. They were wonderfully helpful and honest.

6. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    I like to brood them in the summer because I don't need a lamp if they are outdoors (I have a screened in porch that is perfect)

I have been getting the box of 25 mixed breeds from MPC for 47.50 it is great and I get great breeds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by