best way to hatch - looking for ideas

Mrs Stumpgrinder

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 24, 2009
South Carolina
I'm looking for ideas on the hatching process.
idunno.gif
I have two incubators, one for the first 18 days of incubation and the second for hatching. My question is what is the best way to keep the incubator in semi-clean during the hatch and while waiting on the other soon to be chcks to hatch. I've tried making paper cups for each egg but I could not keep a constant humidity. I sam some pics of egg artons that were cut away, but I thought the eggs had to lay on thier side to hatch... is that a myth?

please .... any suggestions will be appreciated...
caf.gif
bow.gif

Mrs Stupgrinder

50 chickens and counting..
jumpy.gif
love.gif

They do not need to be on their sides to hatch and the egg cartons keep the first hatchers from rolling the unhatched eggs all over the bator. It doesn't make clean up easier, just less trampling of the unhatched eggs.

Thanks, have eggs with different hatch dates in one incubator and take them out on the 18th day to move to the hatching bator. I have 6 BR's and 2 Millie Fleurs and I add the eggs to the bator when I collect them. so I end up with different hatch dates. Is this wrong? My millies only lay twice a week.

hu.gif
idunno.gif

Quote:
I would like to know this too. I have 3 hens, but usually only get 1-2 eggs a day. Don't know if I could talk DH into 2 bators though.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom