Best wheels for chicken tractor? Where to look?

I have run the 2x4 frame flat on the ground. My runs are 4x4x8, with a small house above. A piece of poly rope on each end is tossed on the ball and drawbar of my lawn tractor, and it lifts the structure and slides it without the aid of wheels. The Girls know that new ground is INTERESTING, and always come to the towed end of the coup.

I suppose, if you move the coup by hand, wheels are necessary. For me and my aches and pains, a tractor tuggin the chooks around is the answer.
Too bad we can't train the chickens to move the coop themselves

A day late, but here is how the wheels of my chicken tractor are installed. Pretty simple and quite common way to do it, I think.

Wheels not engaged and frame on the ground

109143_coop11.jpg

Wheels engaged and frame off of the ground

109143_coop10.jpg
I would be really interested in the plan's for this please 🙏.

I'd love to see plans for the wheel system, as well. I've built a tractor that basically requires 4 of us to move it. So, wheels would be an absolute blessing!

Essentially, the wheel is attached to an arm which pivots on a pin. When you move the arm one direction (towards the front) it is free to rotate far enough that the wheels are off the ground. When you move the arm towards the back there is a bolt that prevents the wheel assembly from moving too far and so it kind of locks the wheels in a raised position.

I PM'd you a link to the plans.
Can i get a link to plans sent please? I trying to do this from pics and not sure completely. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom