Better, Closer pics of the pullet that all think is roo......is it???

I vote girl
smile.png

lol.png
lol.png
oh, we should make these kind of threads as polls, contests, who'd think guessing the sex could be so entertaining.

why can't they be like dogs or cats, or horses , haha.

life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get.

You just cant tell with EE's. Not until theyre closer to 16 weeks. I have had so many "roo's" that were hens and a couple "hens" that were roos, almost up until they were 20 weeks.

I have one EE hen right now that I was CERTAIN was a rooster. She has THICK legs, LONG shanks, big boned, heavy bodied, and the reddest comb of all my chickens of any breed.

Personally, I think it looks like a roo. But you just cant tell with EE's.
smile.png

Last edited:
it's a DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
silly people...
sorry... i had to

i can't remeber how red my RR's combs are, i think they're more fleshy, but my roo's comb is a much larger peacomb i think it is.. the shape of hte comb on that one resembles my girls...
and i was looking at my girls today now that i know a bit more about the difference in featherings, and their feathers are a bit more pointy than my BR's, but not as pointy as my EE roo's... i know that doesn't help the situation... i cropped them out of a pic i uploaded of my roo.. let me upload the full pic so you can see mine.. it's not as colse as i wish it had been... i can take more pics tomorrow...

not sure how much help it will be, but here's a not so great pic of my EE hens
42437_dcp_2152.jpg

rofl.. decided to post a pic of blue too....
i posted him in the other EE roo thread too.. you'll get tired of seeing him.. but i love him...
42437_blue_2_10-5-09.jpg

Last edited:
haha, funny you should mention dinosaur, my blue EE sure looks like one, she's very plain, but I love her color. She has a very unchicken face.

Your roo is very handsome. I'm sure my guy/gal would be too, but. I'd rather see some colored eggs.

I think this is why we are so fascinated with chickens, they keep us thinking and guessing.

Besides the color/pattern on his feathers looking male, your chicken has a very dark colored comb for being so young.

This is a 16 week old EE:
newBRs-EEs054.jpg

These chickens are all 12-16 weeks of age - the EE at the top right in the picture is 12 weeks - the others are 16 weeks of age.
EEcombs010.jpg

That same 12 week old EE pullet:
EEcombs006.jpg

Comb on a 16 week old EE pullet (she is now 20 weeks and her comb still isn't as dark of a color as the EE you posted):
EEcombs0052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom