Betty is missing 😭

Wainbowmudd

Songster
Jul 19, 2020
Florida
Betty is missing 😫 my 6 girls run a 500 Sqft yard with 4ft fence and bird netting above. They don’t intentionally fly out but sometimes they accidentally do when they get rowdy. We usually find the escapee pacing the fence line to get back in (we have ton open the gate 🤦🏼‍♀️ why don’t they just fly back in??). This was Betty’s first time doing it and it took us way too long to notice she was missing because we’ve been so busy this week 😭 no sign of struggle that we can find and no traces of where she went. I feel so bad for her and I don’t want to accept that she’s gone 😭 she was so beautiful and sweet. I thought she would be the first to lay eggs

B213F965-CD60-4634-881E-2E72D1BA86A7.jpeg
40A6735C-A869-4FA9-8D4E-97D2D0F72A40.jpeg
AD91A7E3-6EA2-439A-939C-E715B34D0CF3.jpeg
C0ACA7A0-5E9F-4C78-B3E7-38A2FA6FE6E2.jpeg

do you have any extra time to go search for her? I can't imagine how you feel, is there a word you use to tell them that you have food because if you do I would walk around the whole area saying that word, how long has she been missing, do you have and day and night predators?

Be realistic, but don't give up hope! I cried buckets when one of my Easter Eggers disappeared and was gone overnight. I called and shook the scoop full of food. I couldn't get into the surrounding fields of crops, but I KNOW coyotes do, along with a parade of predators.

More than 24 hours later, she reappeared no worse for the wear, but she has never again slipped through the fencing and out past the goat/sheep pen. Here's hoping your girl comes back.

Back
Top Bottom