Bielefelder Identification

CT Coop

Songster
10 Years
Feb 5, 2011
I just hatched 4 Bielefelder chicks and I think I know gender but would like your confirmation :) I'm hoping the 2 in the 1st photo are female, although their striping is light. The other light brown I am quite sure is a male. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• Bielefelder female.jpg
    Bielefelder female.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Bielefelder male.jpg
    Bielefelder male.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 83
Just a quick update that I ended up with 3 cockerels and 1 pullet even though one of the cockerels had chipmunk stripes. I learned from a breeder that a white dot on the head also means cockerel and you can see from the pic that 1 with chipmunk stripes also has a white dot. And now at week 5 I can clearly tell, because the 3 have larger redder combs. So, I learn something new every day!

Yes...I was so excited for the breed. They were shipped eggs and I got 4 out of 13, but I'm sure that's because they were shipped. They are now ~5 weeks old.

I am very partial to the breed and IMO not other breeds compare. To some they aren't the prettiest breed but I think they are very attractive birds. Amazing personalities , best layers out of my my 6 breeds. They do tend to be big eaters but I will put up with a little extra feed for the other benefits.

If you were close enough to me I would give you a dzn fertile eggs.

Back
Top Bottom