Here’s what the internet has to say:

Attachments

• E1CC90D6-DC41-45AD-97D7-969650E60ED5.jpeg
    E1CC90D6-DC41-45AD-97D7-969650E60ED5.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 0FA06B7C-5888-40B1-A39F-DED183F7C173.jpeg
    0FA06B7C-5888-40B1-A39F-DED183F7C173.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 6
I'm back on the desktop computer now. This is the picture that I was talking about. The female is on the left, and the cockerel is on the right, Notice the different coloring down the back's.
Yes. This difference is one of (the big one of)the reasons I wanted to try Bielefelders.

I'm going to go on the assumption that Pip is female, is a Bielefelder, and is precocious. And that Mt Healthy got it right.

If my head is in the sand, well, I'll pull it out eventually. :gigFor me, worry = stress, and stress = other issues. I can't do anything about whether Pip is male or female; that die is cast. I'll deal with the outcome when necessary. It's not an issue right now.

Yes. This difference is one of (the big one of)the reasons I wanted to try Bielefelders.

I'm going to go on the assumption that Pip is female, is a Bielefelder, and is precocious. And that Mt Healthy got it right.

If my head is in the sand, well, I'll pull it out eventually. :gigFor me, worry = stress, and stress = other issues. I can't do anything about whether Pip is male or female; that die is cast. I'll deal with the outcome when necessary. It's not an issue right now.
And because I incubate and hatch chick's a lot is one of the reason's why I wanted to go with only them, along with being able to have a rooster that won't attack me when I am out there.

I already told you that all of your Bielefelders were girl's.
Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you. :hugs

While I was sitting out there today, I noticed that Pip and Squeak, the more greyish/dun colored, are getting more a reddish tinge. I'm wondering if those two are from one line and the other two (Sunny and Robin, who have always been more red) are from another line. Squeak's comb is slightly smaller than Pip's, but Sunny and Robin still have smaller combs than they do.

Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you. :hugs

While I was sitting out there today, I noticed that Pip and Squeak, the more greyish/dun colored, are getting more a reddish tinge. I'm wondering if those two are from one line and the other two (Sunny and Robin, who have always been more red) are from another line. Squeak's comb is slightly smaller than Pip's, but Sunny and Robin still have smaller combs than they do.
No 2 of them are identical. That's a good thing though when you learn the subtle differences between them. With mine I have noticed that the darkest colored girl's mature more heftier.

Back
Top Bottom