Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
It look's like I will most likely get some local Bielefelder chick's and a dozen hatching egg's for those in a couple more week's give or take. The chick's will be 3 pullet's and a cockerel. I just got off the phone talking to her and trying to set it up.
I live in MN and I just rehomed a beautiful Bielefelder cockerel to some folks who are going to cross him with some Welsommer hens. And I bought three more pullets to replace him. Ugh! Dang chicken marh.

Attachments

• A1B62790-5505-4966-B924-8B35B40BAC83.jpeg
    A1B62790-5505-4966-B924-8B35B40BAC83.jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 13
I live in MN and I just rehomed a beautiful Bielefelder cockerel to some folks who are going to cross him with some Welsommer hens. And I bought three more pullets to replace him. Ugh! Dang chicken marh.
I plan to get more and keep some pure one's, but in the meantime he will have the girl's of some other breed's to keep him happy. Later I can separate them when there are enough pure Bielefelder girl's for him.

At what age do Bielefelders start laying?
Well, my Bieles will be 26 weeks tomorrow and still haven't laid! One especially is very red in the comb, wattles and around the eyes, but no eggs yet. Any day now, I'm hoping...

My other girls of the same age started in July, August, and September and have been laying steadily. Here's when the other breeds started:
Sapphire Gems: 17 weeks and 20 weeks
Rhode Island Reds: 17 weeks and 19 weeks
Easter Egger: 18 weeks
Barred Rocks: 20 weeks
Leghorn: 22 weeks
(seems very late--later than Sapphire Gem, EE, RIR!!)
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte: 24 weeks

I count each chicken's egg and chart like this: As you can see, my Bieles Isolde and Ingrid are the only hold-outs now!
Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 2.54.47 AM.png

Last edited:
Well, my Bieles will be 26 weeks tomorrow and still haven't laid! One especially is very red in the comb, wattles and around the eyes, but no eggs yet. Any day now, I'm hoping...

My other girls of the same age started in July, August, and September and have been laying steadily. Here's when the other breeds started:
Sapphire Gems: 17 weeks and 20 weeks
Rhode Island Reds: 17 weeks and 19 weeks
Easter Egger: 18 weeks
Barred Rocks: 20 weeks
Leghorn: 22 weeks
(seems very late--later than Sapphire Gem, EE, RIR!!)
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte: 24 weeks

I count each chicken's egg and chart like this: As you can see, my Bieles Isolde and Ingrid are the only hold-outs now!
View attachment 2854008
Veelee, did you make this chart, or find a template? It's awesome. I had planned a dry-erase board in the coop to track eggs, but a clip board with this kind of chart on it would be better.

Back
Top Bottom