Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
Keep us informed. Now I want to get another chicken (I have nine but that’s an odd number so I should get one more).
Chicken's are addicting so you will always want one more. :gig

If everything goes satisfactory with this breeder, I can always buy some more hatching egg's from him. He said he will drop them off on Saturday at the post office. He also told me the best way to handle shipped egg's after they arrive.

Does anyone have any leads of a hatchery that is expecting to have some bielefelder babies soon? I’m wanting 23 females and 2 males. Thanks!
You can look around to see if the different hatcheries have any, but right now I think that if they have any that are available this late in the year it will only be the males like Murry McMurry's hatchery. I think that at this time of the year that if they get any females they tend to keep them to restock the flock's for next years run. That's one of the reason's why I decided to get the hatching egg's and hatch my own. I can get females too and have them ready to start laying in maybe May?

Ok, those shipped Bielefelder hatching egg's are here. I have unpacked them, and they are resting from the trip in an egg carton small end down. I was told to leave them like that for 24 hours to help to settle the air cells. Tomorrow they will go into the incubator, so the hatch date will be November 15th or 16th. Oh, and there are 11 egg's in this batch.

Ok, those shipped Bielefelder hatching egg's are here. I have unpacked them, and they are resting from the trip in an egg carton small end down. I was told to leave them like that for 24 hours to help to settle the air cells. Tomorrow they will go into the incubator, so the hatch date will be November 15th or 16th. Oh, and there are 11 egg's in this batch.
Go Baby go!

You should do a thread to follow for your hatch! I LOVE stalking those!

Here’s one of my pullets, Beau, with my rooster, Bean. I love them!!!! They are some of my favorite chickens that I have! :)
DF052F61-A529-44F5-AC0A-1F045FA04262.jpeg

Here’s one of my pullets, Beau, with my rooster, Bean. I love them!!!! They are some of my favorite chickens that I have! :)
View attachment 2878511
They look cute laying there together like that! I hope that enough of these egg's will hatch out and be as nice as they say that they are. Those shipped hatching egg's that I'm starting in my incubator today look pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom