Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
My newest Bielefelder hatching egg's were supposed to be delivered on Friday, but I just now unpacked them. 14 egg's, all look to be in good shape. I have them resting on a counter top now in an egg carton. I'll candle them tonight to see how the egg cell's are. This batch is from another state then the other one's that I got, and they look to be a little bit bigger size then those were also.

Decisions, decisions.... so I am trying to start my flock of Bielefelder's. I have a few eggs in the incubator that seem to be dropping off 1 by 1. Today I was asked if I wanted to consider buying an entire flock(4 1 year old 2/2 and 30 12 week old about half and half with a few more hens then roo) $450. I had inquired about buying a few eggs and he said he didn't have any to sell but was going to process out his flock in a few weeks to focus on his other 2 breeds. Should I go for it?? He is not sure where the lady he got them from bought hers when he originally bought 2 roo and 3 female because that is all she would sell him. Anyway opinions on if this is a good investment??

Decisions, decisions.... so I am trying to start my flock of Bielefelder's. I have a few eggs in the incubator that seem to be dropping off 1 by 1. Today I was asked if I wanted to consider buying an entire flock(4 1 year old 2/2 and 30 12 week old about half and half with a few more hens then roo) $450. I had inquired about buying a few eggs and he said he didn't have any to sell but was going to process out his flock in a few weeks to focus on his other 2 breeds. Should I go for it?? He is not sure where the lady he got them from bought hers when he originally bought 2 roo and 3 female because that is all she would sell him. Anyway opinions on if this is a good investment??
That sound's funny to me. If he has both adult hens and rooster's, why is there not even a few fertile egg's? How is the heath of these said chicken's? Have you seen them?

That sound's funny to me. If he has both adult hens and rooster's, why is there not even a few fertile egg's? How is the heath of these said chicken's? Have you seen them?
He did have a handful that he is incubating now that will also be mine. I just don't think he is interested in selling hatching eggs. He was selling chicks at $20 and $25 but was planning on slaughter next week or 2 of what he didn't sell. . I got his contact from someone who knew I was looking. He was not really advertising to sell any in the 1st place.

He also only had 2 adult hens and 2 adult roosters left. 13 week olds??
received_750070459650654.jpeg

He did have a handful that he is incubating now that will also be mine. I just don't think he is interested in selling hatching eggs. He was selling chicks at $20 and $25 but was planning on slaughter next week or 2 of what he didn't sell. . I got his contact from someone who knew I was looking. He was not really advertising to sell any in the 1st place.
Wow, that much for them as chick's? Maybe I shouldn't be selling mine so cheap then?

Well, as I see those chick's and knowing that they had to been hatched by the egg's from those adult's, if you took them all, you won't know which one's of those younger one's are brother and sister's. I see no distinguishing leg band's on them to show what one's the parent's were.

Is there a way that you can only buy those 4 adult's? That way you would be able to do them in pair's for breeding purpose's so that you can keep track of what chick's have what parent's.

Back
Top Bottom