Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
Well, as I see those chick's and knowing that they had to been hatched by the egg's from those adult's, if you took them all, you won't know which one's of those younger one's are brother and sister's. I see no distinguishing leg band's on them to show what one's the parent's were.

Is there a way that you can only buy those 4 adult's? That way you would be able to do them in pair's for breeding purpose's so that you can keep track of what chick's have what parent's.
Yes that is an option. I will most likely just keep the hens and process all the males except the 2 adults. I have 2 other lines ( one in the incubator now, and 18 eggs arriving in a week.)

I'm going to have several Bielefelder pullets for sale over the next few months. I'm struggling with how much to sell them for. They will be sold at 16 weeks, so pretty close to point of lay. Does anyone have any suggestions on what a reasonable price would be for them? Thanks

I'm going to have several Bielefelder pullets for sale over the next few months. I'm struggling with how much to sell them for. They will be sold at 16 weeks, so pretty close to point of lay. Does anyone have any suggestions on what a reasonable price would be for them? Thanks
I've been wondering the same thing too. I have been building up my stock of them so most likely won't be starting to sell any extra females until next year.

Oh I'm so happy to have Bielefelder chicks and a roo plus a couple new hens (Aloha and a NN)! I guess there's a reason I finally got to give away some sex-link hens to a friend - to make room for these beauties!

Oh I'm so happy to have Bielefelder chicks and a roo plus a couple new hens (Aloha and a NN)! I guess there's a reason I finally got to give away some sex-link hens to a friend - to make room for these beauties!
It look's like 2 more egg's of 4 from my flock still in the incubator are in the process of hatching today. :gig

Back
Top Bottom