Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
48 grams of, "I love you, Mom!"
IMG_E5373.JPG

I love you too, Robin! :love:hugs
:celebrate:ya:wee:clap:yesss:

They'll be seven months in a few days. Their combs are getting red and enlarging a bit, but I haven't seen any evidence of them checking out the nest boxes. They were hanging out in the duck house for a while, but scratched out all the bedding and created havoc among the ducks, so they've been banned from that area. I'm just hoping longer days in the new year will rev up their hormones. bieles_2.JPG bieles_1.JPG

They'll be seven months in a few days. Their combs are getting red and enlarging a bit, but I haven't seen any evidence of them checking out the nest boxes. They were hanging out in the duck house for a while, but scratched out all the bedding and created havoc among the ducks, so they've been banned from that area. I'm just hoping longer days in the new year will rev up their hormones.View attachment 3704459View attachment 3704458
Yes, the shorter days that we are having can slow that down. This month on the 22nd will be the shortest day of the year, and then little by little the day's will get longer again.

I have a friend that lives where they get snow at here in Arizona, and she has 12 of those Cockoo Leghorns, but only one of her hen's are currently laying egg's. I have my 12 Bielefelder hens, and I'm getting 3 egg's a day out of them right now. It's fun to sometimes compair the different breeds on how that egg laying goes.

Back
Top Bottom