Bielefelders & Niederrheiners

I just ordered 8 Niederrheiners for a July 7 delivery!
thumbsup.gif

Cool! Which color? They are all so pretty.

Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiners! I don't think that Greenfire offers any other Niederrheiner breeds other than lemon cuckoo. I understand there are a few different ones.

Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiners! I don't think that Greenfire offers any other Niederrheiner breeds other than lemon cuckoo. I understand there are a few different ones.

A couple years back they offered at least one other variety Niederrheiner for certain. Sometimes they still have breeding pens of their older stock as I've heard they don't list everything on their sales page. Just last year they had Pavlovskajas in colors and this year they are advertising whites but I bet they still have a breeding pen of colored Pavies. Just all depends on what hatches well for them or what sells best for them. I know with their Augsburgers they had sold out their entire breeding stock completely to Omega Hills Farm and now Omega is the main seller of the breed. I happen to like the Lemon Cuckoo Nieders because all the other auto-sexing breed colors look so similar it's hard to distinguish a Rhodebar from a Bielie from a Nieder, etc but with the Lemon it is very distinctive. Gosh there are so many beautiful breeds I wish I had room for dozens!

Well, the July 7th order of 6 Niederrheiners along with 4 Bielefelder pullets finally arrived from Greenfire. PO is supposed to have them overnight and they take a day and half to go the last 25 miles. The PO is just the worst. The order ended up having 5 of each. Consequently, all the Bielefelders died and one of the Niederrheiners was dead. Greenfire is being great about it and gave me a credit for another order. This time they are sending 2 Niederrheiners and 6 Bielefelder pullets plus they are being good enough to throw in 2 Bielefelder Roos. I'm hoping to get this flock going good by spring. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Well, the July 7th order of 6 Niederrheiners along with 4 Bielefelder pullets finally arrived from Greenfire. PO is supposed to have them overnight and they take a day and half to go the last 25 miles. The PO is just the worst. The order ended up having 5 of each. Consequently, all the Bielefelders died and one of the Niederrheiners was dead. Greenfire is being great about it and gave me a credit for another order. This time they are sending 2 Niederrheiners and 6 Bielefelder pullets plus they are being good enough to throw in 2 Bielefelder Roos. I'm hoping to get this flock going good by spring. Fingers crossed!

Oh, poor little chickies - they really are delicate the first few weeks. Glad to hear GFF is making good on your order!

The first order of pullets I ever had shipped to me - the stupid postal driver was driving around in the heat with them in his little jeep truck! USPS is supposed to call customer for pickup of live birds. I have my breeders write in giant black letters on both sides of the shipping box to "CALL CUSTOMER FOR PICKUP" and write my phone number in giant letters too. I bug the post office with an early morning call to check if the birds had arrived yet and if not I keep calling throughout the day. The long shipments go faster than short trips. My East Coast to West Coast 3,000 miles took 13 hours from sendoff to arrival at my P.O. My West Coast shipment of less than 500 miles took 36 hours!

Wishing you the best this next time around with the chicks.
fl.gif

My broody silkie just recently hatched my first chick, a Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner I got from a local breeder in north Scottsdale Az. I've seen her on here.

Back
Top Bottom