Big enough run?

Rachie2591

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2020
Hi guys is this run okay for 3 bantams?

They will be free ranging for few hours each day aswel
SAVE_20211015_194944.jpg

It is tight. A way to add a bit more interest to that run, would be to put some more stuff in it. Which seems counter intuitive, but actually gives more space for the chickens. If you put a platform in there that chickens can get under or on top of, it has doubled that space. It makes more use of the vertical space in the area. Boxes, ladders, chairs, pallets can all add a bit of interest to the run. It also allows birds to get out of sight of each other.

is this run okay for 3 bantams?
Are those bantam birds in the pic?
Some dimensions would help here.

Sorry, but I think it's rather small, as is the coop.
The chicken wire is not predator proof.
.....and is it an optical illusion or is the run roof slanted towards the coop?

Might depend on your climate.
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1634378674702.png

It is tight. A way to add a bit more interest to that run, would be to put some more stuff in it. Which seems counter intuitive, but actually gives more space for the chickens. If you put a platform in there that chickens can get under or on top of, it has doubled that space. It makes more use of the vertical space in the area. Boxes, ladders, chairs, pallets can all add a bit of interest to the run. It also allows birds to get out of sight of each other.
Yeah I'm going to add a platform and some ladders and I've bought some toys mirrors etc

Thankyou for your reply

Yeah I'm going to add a platform and some ladders and I've bought some toys mirrors etc

Thankyou for your reply
I wouldn't bother with the toys and mirrors. They like structures. Things to dig around it and jump up on.
The chicken wire is a death trap for the birds. Practically anything can either pass through the holes or tear it apart and get at your birds.
It wouldn't be too difficult to expand the run. I am yet another that thinks the scale is too small.

Back
Top Bottom