Big girl noises...guess who did it...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Southern28Chick, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I was locking up the girls tonight and I hear a VERY loud BAWK BAWK BAGAWWWWWKKKK about 5 times. Really loud. I looked in the house and no one was doing it. Then I realized it was coming from Tiny's Townhouse. Tiny is my blind pullet and has her own house and run attached to the main house. She was sitting on her roost screaming big girl noises. I'm one proud momma. She's the first one to do the big girl noises. They're 15 weeks tomorrow. [​IMG]

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Yay for Tiny!!! Awww you must be SO PROUD!
    Potpie is starting to make big girl noises, too!!! [​IMG] It's so exciting and cute at the same time... especially when Potpie throws a little "peep" in between her sqwacks!

3. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    WTG Tiny!!!!! shes growing up... [​IMG]

4. GoodEgg

GoodEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    NW Florida
    Hehe, congrats to you and Tiny! Hope she's enjoying herself these days. [​IMG]

I keep wondering what noises to expect. Mine make lots of weird noises, but they still don't really sound like chickens.

trish

5. puppinchix

puppinchix New Egg

Jun 5, 2007
    eureka,mt
    Sounds like Tiny is going to have to show the others how to be a big girl:cool:
    I have heard one of my Ancona's making the bawk, bawk, bawwwk noises but so far no eggs. A friend told me to put a golf ball in each nest and that might be a clue to my girls as to the use of the nest. So far no one is in the nests, they all sleep on the roosting posts.
    Mine are almost 16 weeks old, so I'm thinking another few weeks.

6. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    I was feeding Tiny some yogurt yesterday (I have to spoon feed it to her while holder her to my chest). She was making the funniest noises. It sounded like "yum yum yum yum yummmmmmmmm mumumumumum"
    I was laughing so hard but she didn't care, she was getting yummies. Needless to say I walked out of the chicken yard with yogurt all over me. She's a very messy eater.

7. GoodEgg

GoodEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    NW Florida
    Quote:LOL, this made me laugh, just imagining it! Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad Tiny enjoys her yogurt!

I should feed mine some today. No treats the past couple of days and I know they are feeling deprived. (I know they are upset that the blueberries are all gone now!)

trish

8. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    I took the egg shells from breakfast yesterday and baked them in the oven, got that idea from this site. I then crushed them with a rolling pen until they were tiny pieces. I mixed the egg shell with the yogurt. They all loved it.
    I think I'm just going to give my girls egg shells instead of oyster shells. I've heard some people saying that their chickens don't like oyster shell. I'm going to give it to them once a week or so until they start laying then I'll give it to them on a regular basis.
    I bet Tiny will be the first to lay an egg. At least with her in her own house I'll know that she was the one who laid it.

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Way to go Tiny!! Awwww she is growing up sooo fast....I bet she will be the first to lay an egg....you will have to keep that first one....Im so happy she is doing well. So, you didnt put a friend in there with her? Wasn't you planning to give her a friend?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by