Big Ole Bird Probiotic

EggHead107

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2016
Hi everyone I am new here! I was wondering if anyone has Big Ole Bird poultry probiotic. It says that it does not need to be refrigerated but I have been storing mine in my tack room. It is very very hot in there. I do not know if it is hurting it or if it is fine. I have still been giving it to my chickens hoping that it is still okay!! Hope to hear back!!

Hi and welcome to BYC. Sorry, I have no knowledge on the product you mention. Hopefully someone will be able to advise.

Best wishes
Ct

is this a dehydrated live culture thing? if so it will definitely last longer in a cooler place. its dormant because its dry, but even so.., think of seeds. how important this is to you depends on how soon you plan to use it all up.

(also, not that you asked, but id recommend saving done $$ skipping those sorts of products and just fermenting your feed instead...) ;)

welcome-byc.gif

You had me looking that stuff up. Sounds like good stuff! I'm one to give my birds plain yogurt as a probiotic. They love it. Just a few times a yr. :)

Anyway, found this site on it..says how to keep it, and how long it stays good.

https://www.southlandorganics.com/pages/big-ole-bird-instructions

I also ferment my feed!! I have done both!! But I see i do not use a lot of the probiotic. i have had it for about 3 months and i still have about the whole bottle!! thank you for your help!

Does anyone have updates on their flock after using Big Ole Bird probiotic?? I just ordered some!

Back
Top Bottom