big stock mystery

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by quailresearcher, Sep 8, 2013.

1. quailresearcher

quailresearcher Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2013
    OK I know my two big stock roosters are mixed but I'm not sure of the mix. They are full brothers. One orange and goldfish with white legs, one blue and gray with blue legs. They have small beards. I'd like to know if anyone has suggestions of what they may be because I'd like to find them some hens of same mix or at least one of the breeds. I will also say the roosters are still consider stags but stand 2ft tall. I've never saw them that big so I'm not sure if its part of their breed.

2. quailresearcher

Aug 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Looks like you have an Easter Egger.

4. quailresearcher

Aug 17, 2013
    That's what they said but is it a breed or generalization? Putting pic of my other up.

5. quailresearcher

Aug 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Ya, they look like Easter Egger boys. Easter Egger is a popular name for the mixes that have Ameraucana/Araucana somewhere in their ancestry. They are not a breed with a standard like Ameraucana & Araucanas are. http://www.ameraucana.org/index.html is the website to the Ameraucana club, they have a FAQs page that talks about the differences.

1 person likes this.
  7. quailresearcher

Aug 17, 2013
    OK. Thank you both. Now I just need to find hens for them. I like my rooster because they are big but very friendly.

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    when you're looking for hens, you'll look for hatchery or feed store birds called aracaunas or ameraucanas, that's what they'll be sold as. If from a private breeder they might call them Easter eggers or ameraucanas, either one. You're just looking for a bird that's bred to lay blue or green eggs.

9. hope4rainbow

hope4rainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Or Americaunas. Because changing the spelling makes them a breed. Or they want people to think Ameraucauna instead. Or something

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by