1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BIG THANKS!!! Arkansas BYC members

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arllcountrygirl, Mar 25, 2009.

1. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

I just want to say thank you BYC [​IMG] - I have been fortunate enough to meet several fellow BYC members here in Arkansas.

I met De several months ago and we have become really good friends. [​IMG]

Then I got to meet juliechick at the local auction, well I recently bought some chicks that she had for sale, the only problem is that she lives a couple of hours away from me. Well, while I was trying to figure out how to get my chicks, [​IMG] another member jenjscott had a gorgeous roo [​IMG] that would make an awesome addition to my flock.
    Juliechick - being the sweetheart that she is [​IMG] - picked up the roo from jenjscott, b/c they lived close together and then drove all the way to Malvern to hand deliver them to me.

[​IMG] You guys are all AWESOME!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have also got the pleasure to meet
    FarmGirl01 - also made a trip just to bring me some cute babies.
    jackiedon (got me started with my first batch of eggs) [​IMG]
    lilbreeches, verycherry, riverbottomchickens, and prob a few that I am forgetting.

I tell everyone that buys from me or has chickens to check out BYC - [​IMG]
    Thanks BYC Family [​IMG]

2. lilbreeches

lilbreeches Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Delight, AR
    [​IMG] and a GREAT BIG THANK YOU! right back at ya Amanda. I still have 13 of the first 15 chicks I bought from you (2 died due to rain and cold, my fault [​IMG] ) and the little black stars and ducks you helped me trade for are doing great. Thanks.

3. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Hope that rooster works out for you. Did he get over his mad?

4. arllcountrygirl

Quote:LOL!! He does seem to have an attitude issue. [​IMG] We will see - I will give him a few days to cool his heels and then give him a couple of women and see how that works for him. [​IMG]

5. arllcountrygirl

Quote:Thanks [​IMG] Sorry to hear that you lost some, kinda comes with the territory but it is still something I hate when it happens.

6. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] And Chicky Tocks will get to meet you on Saturday too! [​IMG] I'm only about a half an hour away.

This will be a first for me and hopefully not a last of folks close enough to meet. [​IMG]

7. arllcountrygirl

Quote:[​IMG] -- I take it you are the one getting the eggs. [​IMG]

8. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Yep, yup can't wait! My DH just laughs at me, I've been tinkering with the Miss Prissy style bator for days trying to get it jusssst right, but it is I who will have the last laugh when he's out there building a new coop for me. Muhahaha!

9. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Hi, Amanda,
    I just found this thread today. I enjoyed the trip and meeting you again. Enjoyed getting to see your critters. Thanks for the cochin eggs!

I hope that lavendar roo has figured out what to do with himself now. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  10. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Yeah. Thanks also. I really enjoyed your place. We are planning on coming up to the next auction in April. I am starting to look for more Marans and some eggs to hatch. Not sure about what eggs I want. [​IMG] Can't make up my mind. Gena PS. Going to stop and get some fried pies.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by