Biggest Loser thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TyrannosaurusChix, Sep 30, 2010.

1. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    Anyone watching this season??

2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I was watching, but I probably won't continue. I thought Bob and Jillian were appalling. I can't believe that forcing a person to exercise until they puke or pass out is any more healthy than eating a double cheeseburger. I also found their attitudes towards overweight people reprehensible. Saying that a fat person can not have a successful life in business or bed is awful. I understand that they want to get people to work, but treating them miserably and with a lack of respect seemed to be good television but bad training.

3. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    mom'sfolly :

I was watching, but I probably won't continue. I thought Bob and Jillian were appalling. I can't believe that forcing a person to exercise until they puke or pass out is any more healthy than eating a double cheeseburger. I also found their attitudes towards overweight people reprehensible. Saying that a fat person can not have a successful life in business or bed is awful. I understand that they want to get people to work, but treating them miserably and with a lack of respect seemed to be good television but bad training.

Wow.. I must have missed all of that? I personally like the hard approach but i never saw or heard anything about that they can't be successful? Jillian was overweight when she was in school... so if i would allow anyone to scream in my face it would be her( even though i don't have a filter and would scream back LOL)​

4. Amanda0609

Amanda0609 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    I have been watching, this is my favorite show. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

If someone screams obscenities in my face, it does not motivate me to do more than punch them in theirs. She could tone down her nasty mouth, that's for sure. Beyond that, she does seem to care, but haven't we always been told that someone who is that large could have a heart attack by jumping in like they're in military boot camp?

6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I was watching with my 9 year old son. I had to tell him that NOBODY has the right to treat anybody that way. I think he was scared.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by