Biggest, most beautiful rooster..thank you, TuffoldHen!!

Beekissed

Free Ranging
16 Years
Feb 14, 2008
This world is not my home.
TuffoldHen gave me the prettiest, biggest, sweetest roosters today....monstrously big Blue Orpingtons! She said to give him a pretty name but my son named ours on the way home~Sweet Lou! Hey, what can I say...guys!
roll.png

I put them in the quarantine pen and they acted like they had always been there. The calmest chickens I've ever encountered! Funny thing, though....when I talk to them in my "coo" voice they shake their heads "NO" each time! Maybe they don't like a girly voice? Might hurt their ears...I don't know. It happens every single time I talk to my pretty baby sweet, Sweet Lou.....okay, I sense you are ALL shaking your heads out there!
smack.gif

Biggest, healthiest chickens I've ever seen....and I thought MINE were pretty! My niece is going to take the other one and give him a good home...she has a small mixed flock and is just getting into the chicken thing, so she was so excited to receive a rooster that was as big as a turkey!!! And these big ol' boys are only 5 mo. old! Will include pic when I get some time. Anyway, I'm switching to Flock Builder now, after seeing the size of these birds! That's what Tuff uses, so I'm going to try it out! Very nice lady, that Tuff!

I've got a big blue roo-ster! Nana-nana, boo-boo!
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
I was just getting ready to PM you and see if you made it home with the boys okay! It was so nice to meet you and your son, I know the boys will have a good home. She brought me the prettiest pumpkin, I have it setting with my Fall decorations and mums til I use it.

Beekissed is such a nice person, I'm so glad I could meet up with another BYC person, and not that far from home!!

Julie, they were on Purina Sunfresh Starter/Grower not Flock Builder, it's this WV mountain air thats good for Orps so yours will do just fine now! I always keep my poultry I'm growing out on the starter/grower til it's mating time or laying time.

It's so funny what you named the Rooster, that's my middle name!! LOL so it fits!!! even the sweet part;)

I will get them some starter/grower then, as it seems to be getting amazing results! So glad you like the name, also!

My boys really liked the new blue roos....couldn't get over how large they were! I'm going out in just a minute to see how they are settling in for the night.

I can't wait til the rest of the flock meet them...well, they can see them right now but can't get close at all. My little RIR rooster will be getting seriously demoralized when the hens all gather to gaze upon the stunningly handsome, young and oh-so-buff Sweet Lou and his brother! I can just see the guys wearing sunglasses and muscle shirts...flexing their muscles!
cool.png

Just went to check on them.....again!
big_smile.png
They are roosting and chuckling contentedly. I kid you not, I've been around chickens for most of my life and haven't seen anything like the size of these roosters! As big as turkeys!! Good thing they are sweet and gentle! They are only 5 mo. old! I wonder if they will get bigger....
th.gif

They like to be petted and held....I don't have but one in my current flock that likes this, so this is a treat!
smile.png
Er....ahem....not that I will be petting and holding chickens...no, sirree, not me, chickens are food, chickens are food, chickens are food....
fl.gif

AH, Tuffoldhen and Beekissed---two of the people I love to chat with meeting each other. LOL Wish I could have been there.

Beekissed, that's right....chickens are for food. Just keep telling yourself that
lau.gif

Also I am glad to se Ms. Moo Moo licking my screen.
lau.gif

Last edited:
yuckyuck.gif

It was a brief but pleasant meeting and so very serendipitous for me, at least!

That's your word for the day, kids, "Serendipitous"!

I can't believe I have a chicken that I'm going to brag about and bore all the people I know(who are NOT chicken people, BTW) and take pics of to post on forums!

Blue, blue roo, I knew just what I was there for....to find a roo I could care for, to find a love of my ooooooowwwwwnnnnn <singing> :eek:

Back
Top Bottom