Bird lovers? Check this out!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mmtillman, May 12, 2009.

1. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

I am an avid bird watcher! And right now the migratory birds are moving thru our area ...and I happened to look out my kitchen window and this fellow was in my feeder!!! He never quit eating as I took several pix...heres the best one I wanted to share!!

[​IMG]

This is a rosebreasted grossbeak. I have several other cool new birds I wanna photo to add to my picture collection...but they will NOT cooperate with me !! [​IMG] ...as soon as they see me in the window, they are gone!
    So am gonna set up a blind ......so I can hopefully get some more pictures before they leave out and head west!!! Will share more if I can get them!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    Wow - that is awsome! Why don't we get birds like that here???[​IMG]

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    That is awesome! Such a gorgeous bird and one I've never seen at our feeder.

I have seen my first Indigo Bunting this year though. Also, I saw a couple of blue finches for the first time ever! We usually get gold finches every year and have a four foot long finch feeder that gets covered. But this year we were visited by two blue finches! I had to rub my eyes because I though they might be bluebirds but nope, they were finches!

4. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Wow! I didnt know there were blue finches!?!
    But, I also saw a indigo bunting yesterday!! It was one of those birds that were so skittish when I tried to photograph them , as well as the goldfinches ..they see me coming [​IMG]
    But I will keep trying!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by