Birdie Bootie edits

haddlesh

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2022
Hi friends, I've received some Birdie Bootie type boots for my ladies to stock their first aid kit just in case and also to maybe take em on walks to the creek near my house. I've tested them on all 3 girls and 2 of them rip off the velcro immediately. Even if they weren't tactile and able to open the velcro, I'm sure it wouldve gotten mud covered sooner or later rendering the velcro unusable anyway. I've tried adding button snaps instead but now I'm running into the issue where it is too strong and I don't want to hurt them trying to remove the boot. Has anyone run into this before? Any thoughts on how to edit these so the girls can't remove them but so I can still take them off easy/quick enough to not hurt or stress them? I've looked into button snap opening tools too and I'm just not finding any at this point. Hope to hear from these wonderful minds!

This is certainly the most unique thread topic I've seen to date, lol!

I'm sorry I can't help with this. I've never used these, and am not the greatest seamstrer (whatever the male counterpart of seamstress is!). Hopefully others have ideas for you!

Same, I also used vet wrap. I cut a long strip - long enough to go around the ankle of my duck over the part where the velcro is at least twice. Then I cut that in half length wise so it was thin. I would end the vet wrap with the end piece on that back of my duck's ankle so it was harder for her to take the vet wrap off - because if I left the end on the front the little genius could just pull that off, too. So if it was I would just cut it a little shorter. Make sure not to stretch it and cut off circulation. :)

Back
Top Bottom