Birdie bra help

Nani87

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
I have a seven month old Australorp who had impacted crop took her to the vet and $175 later told me she had an impacted crop as she is still pooping and eating did not suggest doing anything. I am concerned she has Pendulous crop now. She looks extremely healthy and is acting fine still laying but concerned this will progress if I don’t do anything about it. I bought a birdie bra but having a very difficult time trying to figure it out. Has anyone had a similar situation and had luck with the BIrdie bra? I don’t know why I’m having such a hard time figuring out how to make it fit🙄

I have a seven month old Australorp who had impacted crop took her to the vet and $175 later told me she had an impacted crop as she is still pooping and eating did not suggest doing anything. I am concerned she has Pendulous crop now. She looks extremely healthy and is acting fine still laying but concerned this will progress if I don’t do anything about it. I bought a birdie bra but having a very difficult time trying to figure it out. Has anyone had a similar situation and had luck with the BIrdie bra? I don’t know why I’m having such a hard time figuring out how to make it fit🙄
Please post some current photos of her and her poop.

In your thread on Nov. 1, you expressed concern about her crop. You mentioned that it mostly emptied overnight, but was going to crate her to re-check the crop.
Has it not been emptying completely overnight and if not, what type of treatment(s) have you tried?

I would check her crop for several mornings in a row before she's had anything to eat/drink - the crop should be empty. This is really the only way to gauge crop function properly.

It would be odd for a vet not to recommend some type of treatment for an impacted crop. If that's what happened, then I sure wouldn't use that vet again.

Some birds really fill up during the day and can have large crops, it's when the crop is not emptying is cause for concern.
She's 7 months old, does she lay eggs?

Read this article. Check her crop in the morning and let us know what you find out. Hopefully with more info and photos we can help you with this..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom