Birmingham Roller Thread

Quote:
Some of my birds are fairly lazy I use a whip to scare them off the barn roof if they continue to land I will just put them with the sell birds, as they might and probably will drag down some others. I need to make a kit box now and outside flight pens. I like your setup.
In the competiton they should fly for at least 15 minutes staying close together and rolling in Unison.

thanks is it 15 or 20 min.And today I used a big red ball about the size of a volley ball and they stayed up for at least 10-15m need to get the right amount of food so they will come in better with the whistle.Also they seem to get all mixed up with the homers so will fly rollers one day and homers the next but not at the same time.homers are fast and fly far if the rollers head out wt/them they will be gone.The homers dart around alot too.

my rollers really seem to enjoy the wind,they will ride it awhile then start rolling,and they roll right out of the gate so have some problems heading out before they get up hi enough

4) Time-out. The judge may call a single discretionary "time-out" for up to 5 minutes in case of an attack by a bird of prey, blow-away, or other whim of nature or act of God, the flyer must ask for the "time-out" and ask the judge to put them back on the clock if he deems necessary before the 5-minute deadline. Although the 20-minute time for judgment shall be extended by such a time-out, the 15-minute minimum qualification time is not affected.

well i only have two that i know are Birmingham rollers, of my pigeons. they have alot of good subdued colors though, and look to be wearing white Egyptian eye liner.. ??? ive never seen that before. i thought it was adorable how happy they looked when i brought food to them, when first got home, and the four (other two not sure if mixes of homer or what, as theyre shaped differant like some homers, and very thick in body), started doing back flips repeatedly on the cage floor, rolling around, but i dont remember them doing it much since, and if so, must just be doing less and less. do you have to limit feed, and keep in very low, small cages to train and keep them rolling, or is that myth etc as i assumed?

also, will it effect rolling better or worse, if keeping with more or less rollers, or more or less of other types of pigeons (i only have six currently right now)?

Last edited:
Quote:
If your pigeons are flipping and rolling on the floor of the loft or cage, they are probably parlor tumblers rather than rollers.

Back
Top Bottom