Bit the bullet and got eggs ** And MORE eggs! EEs and Purebred RIWs

MichiganWoods

DD (Artistic Digital Diva)
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
West Michigan
One of the first few things I bought after reading through my three chicken books was an incubator, an egg turner and a brooder box.

As evident by my various posts
roll.png
, I've been hemming and hawing over what to get. I didn't count on fall/winter being slim picking time (new person, new person!!).
tongue.png
I am also leary of starting off with sick birds. With day-olds being hard to come by, I was left with one obvious choice. Eggs!

Next weekend a dozen+ Easter Egger "Ameraucana" eggs will be arriving at my post office. I've got my bator set up and am testing out the temps. I am going to pick up one of those humidity gauges before they arrive as well.

I'll post hatching pics, if I can manage this successfully.
smile.png

** Update on the beginning of next page... got MORE eggs... :eek:
lol.png

Last edited:
If it's anything like watching baby gerbils being born (ended up with 36 of those when I was a teenager!) then I believe it!

I'll post pics of the eggs when they arrive. I'm hoping there will be more blues than the greens, but the pictures showed higher numbers of the green eggs. It's whatever is layed next is what I get. Eeeee! Can't wait to see 'em!
big_smile.png

I just had some blue andalusians hatch. The last several days the anticipation built tremendously, but it was worth the wait. Friday morning when the first pips appeared I was elated. All day I kept going out to check on them. What a ball. I know you will enjoy yours.

CK, thanks! We're in a little township halfway between Muskegon and Grand Rapids.

I think going out to check the coop for eggs will be addicting enough... Hatching them will just be over the top. They aren't even hear yet and I'm already getting all antsy!
tongue.png

opa, blue andalusians! I was checking those out the other day. Pretty birds!

skeeter9, thank you! I have a feeling your right on the addiction.
wink.png

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
MichiganWoods!!!

Yep, you are so trapped now....those little chickies will make you hatch more and more until you have to build another coop! I got my first chickens ever in March, I built two incubators so far and they have both been busy for the past 2 months! My DH is adding onto my coop as we speak...I must stop, but its soooooooooo fun!
woot.gif

~Rebecca

needmorechickens!.... Boy am I in trouble then! I already bought a second coop... was going to work on setting it up today. Aaaaaah!! :eek:
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom