Bizarre Craigslist interaction

Pics
This is what i got
Are you looking for buttons or coturnix?
Buttons this is what i wrote up

Temperatures - start at 100f when hatched and lowered by 5f till they can comfortably be in the 70’s they are more a indoor pet unless provided heat outside and will not go into a coop at night like chickens.

Bedding – pine shavings from Walmart for around 3-4$ work well try for a 1 or 2 inch deep so you can stir the litter around “self-clean” as do the button quail when they dust bath in it and run around causing it to stir and mix plus it absorbs the urite from the poop and dries it out, if you wanted you can even poop scoop it.

Waterer & feeder – I suggest a couple small piles of food on the ground on the hot side and cold side and some in what ever feeding container you plan to use to they have time to get used to and find the feeder but have food on the ground in the meantime which is what most people do for newborns so they get used to it until introduced to a feeder – as for the waterer I suggest mayo lids or of he like long as its low enough for them to walk over and drink form they are small animals growing up to 4 inches as adults also VERY Important put glass rocks or marbles in the lid so they don’t fall asleep and drown young babies can fall asleep anywhere even look dead all stretched out asleep till you poke them but they can fall asleep in the water till they get older, they need contestant food and water so just keep a steady supply in with them, they sell bird waterers and feeders online and amazon.

Food- I buy their food off amazon called manapro gamebird showbird starter grower complete crumbles for starting and growing meatbirds, gamebirds, showbirds

I get it for around 9-10 $dollars on amazon

Space- 1 square feet per bird but preferably more.

Mating- button quail pair bond they mate for life and in rare cases can get along with 2 females and 1 male but can cause problems so when they start to show signs of pairing off or chasing others away from ones, they like it’s time to give them their own space or make sure they space they have is enough for all of them since they claim territory and protect their place and mate and nest/

Maturing- They can start crowing and laying at around 6 weeks sometimes early as 5 but it can also take up to 7 to 10 weeks if they are late bloomers, males can also growl which sounds funny like a ghost trying to scare you

Bathing- button quail don’t bath in water they bath in dust, sand, and dirt, which you can introduce as early as 5 weeks possibly 4 weeks but if you give it to them young then take it out when they are done you don’t want them eating it more then there food, I buy supreme tiny friends farm bathing sand 2.2lb off amazon for around 8 $ works great keeps them healthy clean and they eat a little to help digest.

Protein and Calcium- make sure females have access to crushed eggshells or crushed oyster shells once they start laying eggs just put it in as a treat, they will eat what they need when they need it, they instinctively know how much their body needs, as for protein make sure if you choose a different feed that it has at least 24% to 28% protein they need it.

I'm done with this guy I'm ignoring him now i have enough on the list for back up buyers.... how are they not buttons !!!!!!
Ugh, in a way it’s good to know this happens to other people. I was told by a Craigslist buyer that my Grau fee tuxedo wasn’t a pure coturnix, but a hybrid with another species to be that color. And he knew, because he’d ‘been raising quail for years’.

And does anybody else get “will you take half price since I’m taking them all off your hands?” when you already have the birds for a lower price than the feed store? Man, no. I have a waitlist of four other people already for the next hatch.

Ugh, in a way it’s good to know this happens to other people. I was told by a Craigslist buyer that my Grau fee tuxedo wasn’t a pure coturnix, but a hybrid with another species to be that color. And he knew, because he’d ‘been raising quail for years’.

And does anybody else get “will you take half price since I’m taking them all off your hands?” when you already have the birds for a lower price than the feed store? Man, no. I have a waitlist of four other people already for the next hatch.
I tell everyone who emails me with deal requests, I don’t negotiate. I don’t reply to anyone who tries to argue about anything. I usually have a wait list for sex link celadons, it’s rare I have random straight runs for sale.

There are some weird people out there. I had some guy call me in the middle of the night and wouldn't believe that he had the wrong number. I stopped answering after the 2nd call, and this is what followed:
View attachment 2607915
You could've gotten a greenhouse out of that! From someone recently released from a mental institution or prison even!
I have had a couple of people accuse me of having someone else's number, like I stole it. I'm like dude, you DIALED the wrong number, I've had this one since 1995! It was also annoying for a couple of years when a bunch of kids at the high school gave my business number to the school as their parents' numbers. (I have no children) I was always getting calls for 4-5 kids that were skipping school.

Be glad you're not selling Ameraucanas to all the folks who were sold Easter Eggers as purebred...most of the time when they realized they got scammed, they blame you for telling them the truth!

I guess it's actually more like brand names. We have one 4H mom who has various mixes with Cochins that call them "Sunny Cochins".
I can't remember exactly where now, but recently I watched a video or training about starting a backyard enthusiast breeding business that recommended just that in order to increase sales. The gist was that it makes you appear super legit like you've created your own breed, and no one else has gotten their hands on them yet.
That was my assumption. But his email was so unhinged and incoherent that it was hard to tell lol. I think I must have deleted it but I wish I still had it so I could go back and see exactly what he said for a laugh, it was completely incomprehensible.
Narcissistic rage. When someone sees through their lie, they get very agitated, sometimes even violent. From the hair trigger on that guy, it sounds like he's been fooling people and getting away with it for a very long time, usually they're way more careful than that. (See "American Psycho" for a refresher, and don't forget to update your business cards!)

First ever sale went smooth the guy listened and everything hand over the money even came with a small tote see through with pine shavings ! I feel good for the babies i gave him the two biggest whites which i think might be male(sold the one i hated the lil a%#) and the bigged dark and smallest dark which were vlads babies, now shana is down to her last two yellows and her only dark, :wee

You could've gotten a greenhouse out of that! From someone recently released from a mental institution or prison even!
I have had a couple of people accuse me of having someone else's number, like I stole it. I'm like dude, you DIALED the wrong number, I've had this one since 1995! It was also annoying for a couple of years when a bunch of kids at the high school gave my business number to the school as their parents' numbers. (I have no children) I was always getting calls for 4-5 kids that were skipping school.
:lau :lau :lau

Back
Top Bottom