Black Austalorp with white markings on her wing feathers.

I feel the same way. My 8 BA's are 2 weeks old and a couple of them have two all white feathers at the end of their wings. It's kind of pretty but I too was under the impression that they would be all black. The feathers, down or whatever it is around their faces, necks and chests are varying colors of white, gray and black. I'm just wanting a great group of girls to give me dependable, delicious eggs. I wouldn't mind if they liked me in the process but right now they seem scared of me. Maybe when I can give them treats.
Mine are between 7 weeks and 1 week old...3 different brooders and i have jersey giants and australorps and it seems like most of my black girls have white tips... my jg cockerel is 3 weeks with zero white feathers.. just a strip of white baby down on the chest

Mine are between 7 weeks and 1 week old...3 different brooders and i have jersey giants and australorps and it seems like most of my black girls have white tips... my jg cockerel is 3 weeks with zero white feathers.. just a strip of white baby down on the chest
This thread is from 2012, you will likely not get a reply from the op. :]

Back
Top Bottom