Black Australops and Barred Rocks

The more white on an australorp in the face, chest and wing tips the better. It means they will have excellent green sheen at maturity. They won't have the spot on the head like a barred rock does, so that is a good way to tell them apart.

Jody

Mine turned 8 days old today. Now that they are starting to get feathers, I can tell one from another. My BA's did have more white on them, than the BR's. When they were all fluff balls. But now that their feathers are starting to grow, you can tell that the BA's feathers are all black. And the BR's feathers have some white specks in them. Thanks for the help.

HELLO NEEDING A LITTLE HELP I HAVE 4 CHICKS IN A 28 GAL FISH TANK I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD PUT SAND ON THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK OR WOULD THIS HURT THE CHICKS.

Okieguy, I would start a new post with a topic something like "sand in brooder?" and put your question there. I am sure lots of people would be happy to advise. I have never used sand, so I couldn't help but I am sure there is someone out there who has and can tell you how it went.

Jody

barnie.gif

Don't do it!!!
If you put chicks in sand their feet will get deformed!!!

I normally use sand in my coop works great DE, PDZ all mix in GREAT!

Last summer I got chicks! so I brooded them in a part of coop used sand before I realized what was happening (maybe 3 or 4 weeks later I noticed they all had crooked toes! was not pretty to look @)

I guess I started using sand when my first chickens were 12 weeks!

Joanne

Back
Top Bottom