1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Black Australorp Rooster free to good home, Huntingdon Valley PA (near NE Philadelphia, PA)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by rdilbarova, Sep 4, 2013.

1. rdilbarova

rdilbarova Chirping

May 17, 2013
    Huntingdon Valley, Pa
    I recently ordered some female chicks from Murray McMurray and a few seem to be turning out to be roosters. I have one little guy that is a sweetheart. I cannot keep roosters and I am looking to re-home him. He is only 6 weeks old right now, and I will probably not give him away for a couple of months, but I want to find a home for him early so that it does not turn into a frantic search if he begins to crow earlier than expected.

He is a Black Australorp, and is one of the most friendly of the 12 chicks I have. I would love to keep him- roosters make good protectors for the flock, look pretty, and sound amazing, but I cannot.

The reason I am waiting so long to give him away is because I want to be sure he is a rooster before I do so, since he is one of my favorites.

If you think you can provide him with a good home when it comes time for me to give him away, please reply here and/or PM me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. she-earl

she-earl Songster

Jan 17, 2009
    Lancaster County PA
    How far are you from Lancaster County?

3. rdilbarova

rdilbarova Chirping

May 17, 2013
    Huntingdon Valley, Pa
    I am around an hour and 20 minutes away, but I am willing to drive half an hour to meet you.

4. rdilbarova

rdilbarova Chirping

May 17, 2013
    Huntingdon Valley, Pa
    Any interest in this guy at all? He has yet to find a home.

Here are updated pictures of him at 8 weeks old:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He is so sweet and already keeps an eye on his girls, but never shows me any attitude or aggressiveness.

5. rdilbarova

rdilbarova Chirping

May 17, 2013
    Huntingdon Valley, Pa
    Not sure how to delete threads, but this little guy has found a great new home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by