I recently ordered some female chicks from Murray McMurray and a few seem to be turning out to be roosters. I have one little guy that is a sweetheart. I cannot keep roosters and I am looking to re-home him. He is only 6 weeks old right now, and I will probably not give him away for a couple of months, but I want to find a home for him early so that it does not turn into a frantic search if he begins to crow earlier than expected. He is a Black Australorp, and is one of the most friendly of the 12 chicks I have. I would love to keep him- roosters make good protectors for the flock, look pretty, and sound amazing, but I cannot. The reason I am waiting so long to give him away is because I want to be sure he is a rooster before I do so, since he is one of my favorites. If you think you can provide him with a good home when it comes time for me to give him away, please reply here and/or PM me.