Black Australorp?

teanelly

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 2, 2014
Ohio
I have 2, what I was told are, Black Australorp. This one has a very light beak, however. Is this normal for this breed? Is this a Black Australorp? She's 4 weeks old.

Last edited:
The leg color and beak color are incorrect for an Australorp, but that can change. Other possibilities could be Black Orpington or Black Jersey Giant.

The leg color and beak color are incorrect for an Australorp, but that can change. Other possibilities could be Black Orpington or Black Jersey Giant. 

They're pretty small, so I'm assuming that means they aren't Jersey Giants... My other I've has darker legs and a darker beak. I actually thought they may be bantoms.. Oy vey..

They're pretty small, so I'm assuming that means they aren't Jersey Giants... My other I've has darker legs and a darker beak. I actually thought they may be bantoms.. Oy vey..
Judging by the size, it isn't a bantam. The legs look like they're getting grey, but where did you get them? It's possible they're a hatchery-quality.

Last edited:
Judging by the size, it isn't a bantam. The legs look like they're getting grey, but where did you get them? It's possible they're a hatchery-quality. 

We got them from a small local ma and pop feed store. They get their chicks from Meyer Hatchery In Ohio

Last edited:
We got them from a small local ma and pop feed store. They get their chicks from Meyer Hatchery In Ohio

Sorry to hop on but I also bought black australorps from a local feed store that buys from Meyer and you have me wondering about mine as well. Can I ask the name of the store?

Sorry to hop on but I also bought black australorps from a local feed store that buys from Meyer and you have me wondering about mine as well. Can I ask the name of the store?

Grace Brothers in Cleveland Ohio its a great store! I technically dont really care what breed it is or if it's breed perfect. I was just curious. She looks like lots of pictures I've seen of young Black Australorps so we'll see. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom