Black chick with white dot on head?????

Jossy J

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
We went to a poultry sale on the weekend with intentions of buying a couple of banty hens. There was a man selling chicks in the rain on this cold, windy day and the chicks looked sad. We ended up buying 3....The seller claimed they were all banty hens??
hmm.png

One is very small, black, fluffy, no feathers on legs / feet, brown legs, yellow bill, small but getting bigger white dot on the back of his head. Any ideas what he/she is??

Thank you.

Thanks for the responses. I'd really like her to be a BR because we don't have one of those. I need to learn how to take and post pictures because it would be a lot easier to identify them.

He / she does look very much like byrdluv's chick only much younger. She (we are hoping) doesn't yet have a comb nor adult feathers and is completely black except for the white dot.

I also bought two other mystery chicks..I'll have to post a picture to find out what they are as well.

And I was only supposed to buy a 'couple' of hens..funny, chickens are addicting!
smile.png

to upload images, look at the top blue bar it will say uploads, click on it to upload your image then copy the code it gives you and paste that into your message... hope to see some images..
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom