Black Copper Marans discussion thread

I am willing to make any trip to get some bcm lol
Greenfire farms is near Havana..... a few miles west of Tallahassee. I also remember seeing another breeder near you that had beautiful birds. Give this old mind of mine a moment..... I will think of the name.

Well, I scrapped my BCM flock, but kept some pullets for the OE pen :thumbsup

good decision! nice girl. what was wrong with her so she wasn't good for bcm pen? forgive me, I am still learning.

She is actually the offspring of my original BCM flock that I sold off a few weeks ago. I kept 14 of those pullets for eggs, but won't breed them as BCM. That particular girl doesn't look so bad, but some of the others have way too much straw color in their hackles, some have eyes that are too light, and 4 of them have yellow feet. These were some of the awful flaws in my first flock, and that's why I decided to sell after hatching the first batch. It's too much to work with to try and get to SOP, but they do lay dark eggs, and will be perfect for OEs

She is actually the offspring of my original BCM flock that I sold off a few weeks ago. I kept 14 of those pullets for eggs, but won't breed them as BCM. That particular girl doesn't look so bad, but some of the others have way too much straw color in their hackles, some have eyes that are too light, and 4 of them have yellow feet. These were some of the awful flaws in my first flock, and that's why I decided to sell after hatching the first batch. It's too much to work with to try and get to SOP, but they do lay dark eggs, and will be perfect for OEs
it seems I have learned something! that girl looks ok to me. I wonder if her comb will be floppy. my bcm pullet had comb like that and is floppy now. fowl pox made it even worse as she had a huge scab on the back of her comb. but I love her eggs!

Back
Top Bottom