Black Copper Marans discussion thread

HI OregonKat your rooster is handsome but he ll throw 100% black pullets with a black eyes.Cockerels is different story depend of the color of the hen( they mam )..

Could be use over hens with a great eyes color, great type and overly marked ( too much copper on they chest ) .
avoid to use his over hen that are black or with sheen .

post some pick of the hens you are thinking of pairing him with. .that will give us an idea to how they much up .

Chooks man

HI OregonKat your rooster is handsome but he ll throw 100% black pullets with a black eyes.Cockerels is different story depend of the color of the hen( they mam )..

Could be use over hens with a great eyes color, great type and overly marked ( too much copper on they chest ) .

post some pick of the hens you are thinking of pairing him with. .that will give us an idea to how they much up .

Chooks man
Hi Chooks man, all the way down under! My roo came from a crazy Russian woman way the heck out in the woods north of me along with another roo and 3 hens. I sold the other roo and I lost one hen to a weasel and my remaining two are mostly black with coppering in the neck (hackles?). I dont know the correct terminology. I got them for the dark eggs which they do give me and I have just hatched an olive egger (I hope) from having him over my Ameraucana, (I thought she was an araucana until reading up on them). Anyway, I am not really thinking of doing anything other than having him for my flock of assorted hens. He is, by far the best roo I have ever owned, with a disposition of a gentleman. I love this bird. Thank you for the interest, I only posted his pic. in response to His Majesty from France.

no doubt about that he s handsome .he will be great for cross breeding with a blue and green eggs layers .

by crossing him you will gain a Hybrid Vigor ( other world bigger and healthier bird )

chooks man

Chooks man

Just a couple of comments and will disappear . We bred black females with two males colored like the male pictured and finished going through the oldest pullets today. Six black and 39 copper neck pullets. WE culled 74 males and only kept one for now. Males were too dark and too much breast color. I think we have to be more careful when describing what will happen with the American Marans against others. Entirely different Genetics involved.

Chooks man
Just out of interest Chooks man, how can you tell that my roo would throw black pullets, is it just from his eye color? Thanks.

Just a couple of comments and will disappear . We bred black females with two males colored like the male pictured and finished going through the oldest pullets today. Six black and 39 copper neck pullets. WE culled 74 males and only kept one for now. Males were too dark and too much breast color. I think we have to be more careful when describing what will happen with the American Marans against others. Entirely different Genetics involved.
Snowbird, do you show your birds? Do you have some pics of your favorite hens and roos? I would love to see some. Thanks.

Thank you guys for having around but this is the last time I ll post a comment.

seem to me that your chooks have a different genetic make up
I thought they are marans and they have a same genetic make up like the rest of the marans in the world.

SORRY I WAS WRONG THAT NOT THE CASE .

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL WITH YOUR CHOOKS.

All THE BEST.

Chooks man

Quote:
Chooks man, I hate to read this. My Marans do not have any American genes so I could use your help! Different opinions and information help all of us. I am a fan of your enthusiasm and love of the breed.

Back
Top Bottom