Black Copper Marans discussion thread

Here is my one and only blue copper maran and i was wondering if you guys thinks this is a pullet or a roo because it is the biggest in the bunch but it has a pinkish comb?

It is hard to see in this photo but this chick has a greenish black comb and has more feathers and is getting its tail feathers faster than a lot of the others.

my 6 Black coppers and 1 blue copper.

this chick here is questioning me because i dont know if its a black copper or a darker blue copper. what do you guys think?

blue copper maran

You can see in this photo that the chick on the left has more feathers and tail feathers than the one next to it so roo?

another photo of the one that's either a blue copper maran or a BCM

Hello, I have three cockerels and only need one, so....anyone want to help me cull? They are roughly nine weeks. The third is the smallest but not by a whole lot.

Cockerel #1

Cockerel #2

Cockerel #3

Below are the only two pullets I have, and an older splash girl. (Ignore the two Ams in the pic)

That's it! That is all I have so any help on which cockerel to keep will be appreciated!

Here are mine @5 weeks looks like 2 boys and 2 girls..

Wow Today is a day of pictures!!! Well it's been a while so finally it's time that i need to post my Black Copper Boys. All have nicknames so i can tell them apart. I have tried to put a couple of notes next to them to help with things that maybe can't be seen in the pics, and i tried to get side shots. I figured top down and tail shots would just be way to many.. Don't hold back none are perfect but I have to pick one because i am saving a spot for my new blue copper as well.....I like some more than others but i'm not saying until after you guys pick them apart :).. so here goes..

Everybody here is about 5 months give or take a week

Fancy 1 - not good in the leg feathering department. back end
of comb is very long and pointy?

Fancy 2

Himalayas... He has the funky comb too

Humongous Comb (his comb isn't really flat at the front like that, don't know why it looks that way)
He really does have a humongous comb!!

Humongous Comb 2 he has decent leg feathers and is quite bulky
in stature.

Ichabod.. well so called because he is tall with a long neck..

Sawtooth 1 Well as you see his comb has double points but
i love the color, leg feathering, eye color etc:

Sawtooth 2

Just for kicks i thought you might like so see midnight.. such
a shame he is not showing any copper.. i don't think it is
ever coming though..but i like the rest of him.. :(

Last edited:
Here is my one and only blue copper maran and i was wondering if you guys thinks this is a pullet or a roo because it is the biggest in the bunch but it has a pinkish comb? It is hard to see in this photo but this chick has a greenish black comb and has more feathers and is getting its tail feathers faster than a lot of the others. my 6 Black coppers and 1 blue copper. this chick here is questioning me because i dont know if its a black copper or a darker blue copper. what do you guys think? blue copper maran You can see in this photo that the chick on the left has more feathers and tail feathers than the one next to it so roo? another photo of the one that's either a blue copper maran or a BCM
because it's your only blue it will be exact opposite of what you want

Wow Today is a day of pictures!!! Well it's been a while so finally it's time that i need to post my Black Copper Boys. All have nicknames so i can tell them apart. I have tried to put a couple of notes next to them to help with things that maybe can't be seen in the pics, and i tried to get side shots. I figured top down and tail shots would just be way to many.. Don't hold back none are perfect but I have to pick one because i am saving a spot for my new blue copper as well.....I like some more than others but i'm not saying until after you guys pick them apart :).. so here goes..

Everybody here is about 5 months give or take a week

Fancy 1 - not good in the leg feathering department. back end
of comb is very long and pointy?

Fancy 2

Himalayas... He has the funky comb too

Humongous Comb (his comb isn't really flat at the front like that, don't know why it looks that way)
He really does have a humongous comb!!

Humongous Comb 2 he has decent leg feathers and is quite bulky
in stature.

Ichabod.. well so called because he is tall with a long neck..

Sawtooth 1 Well as you see his comb has double points but
i love the color, leg feathering, eye color etc:

Sawtooth 2

Just for kicks i thought you might like so see midnight.. such
a shame he is not showing any copper.. i don't think it is
ever coming though..but i like the rest of him.. :(
Sawtooth #1 and #2 are the best of all the males. I would bet that there is some Black Marans in Sawtooth #2

Back
Top Bottom