Black Copper Marans discussion thread

So I am probably going to be on a search for another BCM roo soon.
barnie.gif
He was fine Wednesday evening when we left for a chicken road trip. Got back VERY late on Friday and didn't check on anyone until Saturday morning. He was super lethargic and had a crusty eye. Got put in isolation and was given Oxytet. Today he is more lethargic and can't stand properly. He is drinking but not eating. There is electrolytes in one set of water and oxytet in the other... I have no idea what else I can do. He also has gunk coming out of his mouth today. We had someone feeding/watering while we were gone but they are not knowledgeable in chicken illness and what to look for.

I love my BCM roo. He's beautiful and he needs more copper but has GREAT type. And his sister lays our darkest eggs so I was hoping he would darken his babies eggs. I do have a few chicks from him growing out but they are only two months old.

Bought this BCM roo at our local feed store. His comb is definitely not the typical Marans comb. Any other thoughts on this young fellow. Sure hoping he is what they said he is. Any help would be appreciated.

Okay I'm new to this breed and here are my 5 week old black copper maran chicks. I'm curious who is a hen and who is a rooster and which ones would be good for breeding stock?

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom