Black Copper Marans discussion thread

How long does it usually take for Marans pullets to get their copper. I have three 11-week olds and only one has copper on her neck and she's had it for a month now. The others are all black with a green iridescence but not even a hint of copper.

It is unfortunately a common problem... To have BC Marans that are way too black

It is unfortunately a common problem... To have BC Marans that are way too black

Ahhhhh. Interesting. Thanks. So is it likely that if they don't have copper by now (11 wks) there probably not gonna get it?

Luckily I'm not breeding them, just eating their eggs. ;)

Ahhhhh. Interesting. Thanks. So is it likely that if they don't have copper by now (11 wks) there probably not gonna get it?

Luckily I'm not breeding them, just eating their eggs. ;)

Most likely.

There might be a little bit more copper that comes in with the adult feathers... But it will not be a giant difference from what they have now.

Thank you!

(eeek- Excuse my horrible use of their, there, they're above. Must have been more tired than I thought!)

Last edited:
Bengammie-
Thank you for the email address. I have emailed them about the hens.

If you have another reference, I would appreciate having it also. Just in case the first suggestion you made does not want to ship and/or does not have "French Standard" Black Copper Marans.

again - thank you for the help-
Jack Schultz
(831)426-9301

Bengammie-
     Thank you for the email address. I have emailed them about the hens.

If you have another reference, I would appreciate having it also. Just in case the first suggestion you made does not want to ship and/or does not have "French Standard" Black Copper Marans.

again - thank you for the help-
Jack Schultz
(831)426-9301 

Jack you are more than welcome. The other lady I haven't purchased from before, but got her info from a fellow byc member and I spoke with her today on the phone, she owns a feed store but her chicks are at her house, she seems super nice. Hope she has what you need. She has marans, hopefully bcm. The other guy who I put you I touch with is a farmer with a huge flock, id say 100 or maybe 200 bcm. I have one if you need to know any specifics about appearance or me to send a photo to you tomorrow? She is a great layer and the reddest comb of my flock. Her legs are fluffy and cute lol and she is massive lol

Just how much pink can you have in a Marans foot before you start running for the hills?

None at all?

Is just a touch in the webbing OK?

I am looking at all of my grow-outs trying to decide who I want to keep..... CRAZY the genetics that popped out.

Back
Top Bottom