Black Copper Marans

CG Farm

Hatching
Apr 23, 2023
Who has the “best” line right now? I raised BCM, BBS, and Golden Cuckoo around 12 years ago and had some hens from Bev and Wade. I know at one time Bev Davis, Wade Jean, Cottage Hill, and Little Peddler were the top lines. I am wanting to get back into them and have chicks ordered from Deer Run Farm and ordering some from Elk Valley Farms. They all have birds from Wade, Bev and GreenFire.

We’ve been out of BCM for 4 ish years. I will say we were never impressed with the GFF lines- small birds, minimal leg shank feathering, copper leakage and not consistent egg color. Much more preferred the little peddler and bev lines we had.

We’ve been out of BCM for 4 ish years. I will say we were never impressed with the GFF lines- small birds, minimal leg shank feathering, copper leakage and not consistent egg color. Much more preferred the little peddler and bev lines we had.
I bought some eggs from Bev long ago. Her birds eggs were crazy dark.

I don’t know about the best…but around here the best I’ve seen come from Steve Copeland of Marans of Apple Hill. Gorgeous eggs…😍

372086BD-8AA4-444B-8DD9-67B481BE6757.jpeg

365FB3FD-CECF-4E05-BE2D-EB6D4C0B719C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom