Black crested White Polish

The two lighter crested ones are the 2 I assume were the right chick color
And the darker one drinking in front (not the partridge) is the funky one

As adults, you couldn't tell which one was which based on color, but as chicks it was quite easy
Thank you for the photos. Most of my chicks are fairly dark like your 'funky' pullet was. If they lighten up, that'll be a pleasant sight.

Thank you for the photos. Most of my chicks are fairly dark like your 'funky' pullet was. If they lighten up, that'll be a pleasant sight.
I was low-key hoping she would stay like she looked as a young pullet, she was so interesting then.

I think you'll like them. I loved my trio, I only let them go because I thought I would be moving soon and couldn't take them. I'll definitely get more from Ideal if they still have them when I do eventually move

I think you'll like them.
So far I enjoy them. They’re pretty to look at, even when young, and they’ve been warming up to me recently, so it’s been nice to handle them. One has been extra friendly- the “climb up my shoulders to sit on me or jump into my hand when I put it in their cage” sort of friendly, and it’s been adorable.

So far I enjoy them. They’re pretty to look at, even when young, and they’ve been warming up to me recently, so it’s been nice to handle them. One has been extra friendly- the “climb up my shoulders to sit on me or jump into my hand when I put it in their cage” sort of friendly, and it’s been adorable.
I think having a smaller crest helps. Mine were in-between the spitzhaubens and the buff laced polish that stayed with the black crested trio, so they could see enough they were comfortable, but not as well as most chickens still

I should probably do an update.

I can kind of confirm that Ideal Poultry’s stock carries the Blue gene- BBS blue, to clarify.
I still have 11 chicks, and 2/11 have clear “off-colored” black(blue). Those two are also my most white chicks right now. Their blue didn’t show until about 3 weeks old, and it’s been becoming even more clear since then.
Here‘s a comparison. Funnily enough, I struggle More with getting photos of the 9 Black crested chicks, as one of the Blue crested is always in my face.

Blue:
8EB49718-9F90-42D4-AB59-325988AA9DFD.jpeg

Black:
66B26449-18D8-460C-9768-DA46C799BB76.jpeg

Here are some more photos I tried getting of more than one chick in a shot, but they are spastic and don’t stay in one place long.
8CB9DDEC-E25E-49FD-97A0-F945A40C71E8.jpeg
BA6020D1-76F3-4DFD-A9DF-0DAA8D724419.jpeg
853E9758-5F7D-4CAF-A285-A970AF591497.jpeg
F22627CA-D98E-4C4B-93E9-014A6F888ED1.jpeg

I still have 11 chicks.
At this point they range from mostly to completely feathered out.
I just moved them into a larger pen yesterday, and tried to get photos of them. I gave up on getting solo photos very quickly because they are like zebras and blend together in a crowd. I have zero clue who’s who once they all form a horde.
44AA0ED4-B387-481E-8DFF-F18D895446BB.jpeg
4CE95D95-53A8-4AAB-8B91-E9F7AB44936C.jpeg
2BA7790E-B93C-4201-9236-AE17ECFC1F08.jpeg

I hope to be able to sex them at some point within the next two or three weeks. Once the males start getting wattles, I can do a count on cockerels-pullets.
Anyways, here are some of the few solo photos I got.

Blue chick-
684DC3B1-06BD-4E89-92DD-9DE1B8AE8E0C.jpeg

Black chicks-
789FC5BB-1C21-4F4F-A83C-0482A3BBCA56.jpeg
AEC3B347-9945-4753-AE47-916C8EA74B15.jpeg
92BC220C-B365-4BCE-9F75-1EA997EAB1A9.jpeg

If you end up with a couple pullets that you feel don’t fit the bill to go back into the breeding project, I’d love to have them just for pets. These are a color I’ve been dying for.
If you’d ship that is.
I apologize for taking a whole week to respond. I don't know why I waited.

I'm not really sure if I can ship birds. I've only looked into it sparingly, and I don't know the exact rules/requirements for shipping poultry. It's iffy, and something I can't guarantee until my birds are adults, because plans for them may or may not change depending on how they fill out and how their adult feathering looks. Later this fall I will probably know how many pullets I am keeping though and will decide what to do with the others.

I apologize for taking a whole week to respond. I don't know why I waited.

I'm not really sure if I can ship birds. I've only looked into it sparingly, and I don't know the exact rules/requirements for shipping poultry. It's iffy, and something I can't guarantee until my birds are adults, because plans for them may or may not change depending on how they fill out and how their adult feathering looks. Later this fall I will probably know how many pullets I am keeping though and will decide what to do with the others.
The main thing with shipping birds is they must be either NPIP or have vet issued health check papers. They also must be under 24 hours when sent into the mail or considered juveniles (I think technically they must be considered an adult, but I know a lot of people sell juveniles through the mail)

Back
Top Bottom