Black East Indie duck

u probably have a mixed breed thats why whomever gave you the duck said call black east indie and sadly u were taught wrong the world wide poultry association lists call ducks and black east indies as 2 different breeds

Last edited:
The guy didn't say call east indie he just said east indie so just wondering is there only one size east indie

Quote:
East indies are call duck sized. A Cayuga is a full sized one. They look the same just different sizes. But there also are black call ducks which are not related to call ducks at all. Though those are VERY rare. And have one hefty price tag. So if the guy didn't say it was a black call it isn't. Also a lot of people say they have black calls when they just have east indies.

Oh really I was taught call just meant miniature I'm not sure what she's called then bur she's a mini black east indie I have a regular sized one too but she's not laying right now
A lot of people try to sell call ducks as black East Idies. They are 2 different breeds and have different features. A call duck is a breed and not a miniature of anything. Same with East Indies. Sounds like your larger gal is a Cayuga and your east indie my be an east indie or mix with a call. It will depend on the face and who you got it from. She is very pretty though!

Last edited:
A lot of people try to sell call ducks as black East Idies. They are 2 different breeds and have different features. A call duck is a breed and not a miniature of anything. Same with East Indies. Sounds like your larger gal is a Cayuga and your east indie my be an east indie or mix with a call. It will depend on the face and who you got it from. She is very pretty though!
thank you I got her at a bird Sale but my bigger girl is smaller than cayuga generally are too so I'm not sure

thank you I got her at a bird Sale but my bigger girl is smaller than cayuga generally are too so I'm not sure
How small are you talking about? I have a small Cayuga, but she is a Cayuga. Only my small runner is smaller than her. My welsh harlequin is even bigger than my Cayuga. Even within breeds you can have smaller and larger birds, kinda like humans.

Back
Top Bottom