1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

black feet???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tmpshrty96, Sep 13, 2009.

1. tmpshrty96

tmpshrty96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    i hatched a mixed bantam chick out of the incubator. its fuz is solid black and so are its feet. i had a silkie rooster and a silver duckwing rooster in the cage with three mixed hens and the chick came out like that but none of the chickens i have have black feet except for the silkie but the chick doesnt have black skin or five toes how could this happen???

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    What color was the hens?

Chris

3. tmpshrty96

tmpshrty96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    1 is solid black with yellow feet 1 was brownish black with a golden neck and i had 1 black tailed white japanese hen in there and the roosters are silkies and silver duckwing bantams.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    What is the quality of the silkie? Does he have 10 toes? Is his skin black or slate? What colour is his plumage?

If a bird carries one copy of a dominant gene, half the offspring will inherit it (except for hens and sex-linked genes), and hte other half will not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by