black frostbite on comb?

Quote:
It's not. Or very little.

Right now we are at 36 degrees and the humidity is 39%, according to the NWS. In summer we run very high humidity where I live. I think you'll find that humidity is lower when it's cold out. The reason for THAT escapes me!

Thing is, humidity builds in a closed up coop very quickly, from the chickens themselves. And humid cold air will frostbite them a lot faster than drier cold air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
It's not. Or very little.

Right now we are at 36 degrees and the humidity is 39%, according to the NWS. In summer we run very high humidity where I live. I think you'll find that humidity is lower when it's cold out. The reason for THAT escapes me!

Thing is, humidity builds in a closed up coop very quickly, from the chickens themselves. And humid cold air will frostbite them a lot faster than drier cold air.

In my well made coop the temp ran around 28 and the humidity never went below 70%. No heat source save the birds.The outside temp lower the humidity the same?? Hence my question.My husband has had racing pigeons for the last 40 yrs.His loft is open in front closed in back when cold his numbers are like mine.???
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom