Black heat lamp for chicks

For my situation -- where I was trying not to turn the brooder into a rotisserie in NC late-spring/early summer heat -- I used the varying wattage of the bulbs as well as the height to control the temperature.

I did put the lamp up and down, but I tried not to have it below about 15" for fear of chicks jumping/flying into it.
Ya, 15" sounds like a good guide. Whats nice is that if I order it from Petsmart, I should be able to return it easily by stopping by our local store. I ordered the light and I'm excited to see how it works. Thanks guys!

Ya, 15" sounds like a good guide. Whats nice is that if I order it from Petsmart, I should be able to return it easily by stopping by our local store. I ordered the light and I'm excited to see how it works. Thanks guys!
PLEASE let us know how it works out. Ideas are great, but FEEDBACK - that's Experience! I'd rather learn from others than repeat their mistakes for myself - and gladly offer report of my own mistakes to help others avoid them.

PLEASE let us know how it works out. Ideas are great, but FEEDBACK - that's Experience! I'd rather learn from others than repeat their mistakes for myself - and gladly offer report of my own mistakes to help others avoid them.
I will definitely plan on it. I can be bad about updating lol, so if I forget tag me and I'll tell you how things are going. I'm very excited to test it out. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom