1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black hen with "gold lacing"?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SweetInsanity, Feb 6, 2012.

1. SweetInsanity

SweetInsanity Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2010
    New York
    Yes Zeely! I think that's what she was. I just Googled some pics of them. Now I feel like an idgit. I was looking at pics of my friend's regular Cornishes the other day & thought "hey, they kind of look like Frannie." Never thought of looking for pics of other colors. Thank you so much!

Now, why did just the link come up & not the pic? I've posted pics before to the forum w/o a problem.

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    x2

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Are you sure? Because her legs don't look thick enough for a Cornish. Could she be a Barnevelder?

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Here you can copy and paste if the image is already uploaded here. Read this article on posting pics... https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/inserting-pics-in-on-the-new-byc

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  5. zeely

zeely Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2011
    Cape Cod, MA.
    i don't think mcmurray carries barnevelders. she has a very cornish-y head and neck shape.

6. SweetInsanity

SweetInsanity Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2010
    New York
    Lothiriel, thanks for the link for the pics! I'm leaning towards dark Cornish. Her personality matches the Cornish more, except the "avoiding people" thing. She never avoided us. She wasn't nearly as heavily bodied as a Barnvelder. That pic of her is from when she was about 6 months old, her legs were thicker when she died. Plus as already said, I don't think McMurray carries them. I Googled pics of the Barnvelders, they're really close to her, but they're too heavy looking & in the pics I found their beaks all looked too short.

Thank you again to everyone for your help!

7. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Guinea and Chicken raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    black sex link. your title "black chicken with gold lacing". It's a black sex link. I had one and she disappeared 2 weeks ago and never came back. No body. Sad. I want more. They are great birds. She was my first bird, but she was well-behaved, like the rest of the birds ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    I agree she looks like a dark cornish. I'm glad you found your bird! Hopefully if you order again, there will be another friendly one for you.

9. ruffles

ruffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Golden Lace wyandonette?/

I have a silve lace wnandonette.

10. fuzziecreatures

fuzziecreatures Chillin' With My Peeps

My guess is Dark Cornish, nothing about it looks like a Gold Laced Wyandotte. Wrong body type

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by