Black marans hen has started biting me. Why and how do I stop it?

Yea; naahh homeboy don’t play that. Next time she bites u; dont baby & coddle her! Force her to ground and take your finger to peck her on head. Not lightly eithrr!!! U gota be dominant. Pinch the back of her neck and shake it like a rooster would. U bretter put her in place. If u gota do this more then 3 times idc if it was my best layer her head would be chopped off.

Seriously your gona get hurt worse if you dont show your boss!!! Dont worry about hurting it! Put your human feelings aside and control the mini t rex

This bird is not going to be a pet. That is ok. But give her a little smack back, teach her a little respect. she will learn to give you a wide berth, don't try to handle her and make her a pet and I think you will be fine.
I don’t really handle any of them except for their daily checks to make sure none have injuries or are sick. Even then it’s just a quick check. I’ve been working with her the last couple of days and she has gotten better! As long as she lays eggs, she’s safe 😂

My Orpie, the flock Diva, started doing this to me a little while ago. She'd sneak up behind me and peck my legs. I started keeping an eye out for her and when she'd peck me, I would reach down and, NOT gently, poke her either on top of her head or her side with my finger and say NO! It didn't take long for her spoiled butt to get the message and stop. It was strange cause she's like a Golden Retriever of my chickens. Always wanting me to pay attention to her and pet her. She would even push her sisters out of the way to be the center of attention. She's a hoot.

Lets see a picture of the

I am wondering if you have a rooster. Personally, I do not let any animal bite me. I don't think it is a healthy relationship to take abuse from anything.

Mrs K
I totally agree. I do what they do to each other and tap them on the head or beak and push them away and block. I only had one that bit. I did that with her and she had stopped. letting them bite you makes you sub servant to them, and they know it. You can be the one with authority without being mean at all. Just be consistant.

Back
Top Bottom