Black Minorcas? Anyone know anything about them?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Rosecomb-Ryan, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Are they good layers? What do they look like anyone have any pictures? Are they flighty? Anyone? Can they fly? Im looking into a trio trying to learn about them before jumping into it. Please somone help me!

Ryan

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  3. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

We have 5 of them. Nice layers of white eggs. Only one problem, one of our hens lays blood spot eggs but we don't know if it is a Black Minorca or a Brown Leghorn. Same chicken becaue the egg is shaped the same way. I just have to figure out which breed lays which shape.

They escape all the time. So you'll have to keep their wings clipped. Also if you live in a cold climate, they have large comb and waddles. BUT we live in "Little Siberia" and they have been very hardy so far. Our winters get down below -20 F.

4. modern-game-man13

modern-game-man13 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2008
    Well I think im hoocked heres a pic of there dad if yall want to see it!?Im so happy/excited. Ive got a trio on hold!! Do you think my Mom will go crazy you think they will be a loud crower dhe will goo [​IMG] and [​IMG] if they are but ooh well she will live [​IMG] [​IMG] IM SO HAPPY!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

OMG I for got Im ryan13 also Im on my old computer sorry!!! LOL

[​IMG]

if the pic doesnt work heres the link
    http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g...&current=homecoming07friomkatiescamera195.jpg

PS This is the DAD of the trio I will get ! Hes big huh?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Had a black minorca roo, and he was MEAN! Kept attacking my 3yo niece and knocking her to the ground, so he had to go bye bye.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by